DRUG discovery and DEVELOPMENT from basic research through pre-clinical to clinical phases
Following the opening course in 2014, and very successful courses in 2015 and 2016, registration is now open for the fourth Prague Summer School "Advances in Drug Discovery", focusing on the whole process from discovery to drug marketing. The Summer School is organised by the University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague (www.uct-prague.eu) and the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS, (www.uochb.cz).
As in 2016, the attendants are welcome to present their research in the form of a poster presentation.
The Summer School is intended mainly for PhD students and post-docs. Expert speakers from major international 'pharma' and 'biotech' companies, and academia will cover these broad areas:
- Target discovery
- General chemical approaches – medicinal chemistry
- Structure and In-silico-based drug design
- Lead structure characterisation
- Precinical and clinical development
- Principles and examples of commercial drug development cycles
- Specific section devoted to personalised medicine and related diagnostics.