MCAA Bulgaria Chapter Kick-off Meeting
Dear Bulgarian MCAA members,
It is a great pleasure to invite you to participate in the first meeting of the newly created Bulgaria Chapter:
“MCAA Bulgarian Chapter Kick-off Meeting: Promoting Bulgarian science in Europe and worldwide“
The registration is available on the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3p2lmiPPz3KHMa1KWhabNzMQ5to65rG4RetpsSJS8ZtXSGw/viewform
Date: December 8th, 13:30 - 17:30
Venue: Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski, Hall 1, Tzar Osvoboditel Blvd. 15, Sofia
13:30 Atanas Kostadinov, Chair of the Bulgaria Chapter - Welcome and introduction to MCAA
13:40 A representative from the Sofia University -
13:55 Mihail Iliev, National Contact Point - ERC grants – other possibilities for research funding.
14:15 Antoaneta Mateeva and Gabriella Tchouprenska, National Contact Points – Specifics of the MSCA, Bulgarian participation in MSCA projects (statistics).
14:30 Vesselina Angelova – EC in Bulgaria – MCAA - from the beginning up to now.
14:45 Research project cases: meet the MCAA members in Bulgaria
· Anife Ahmedova: Coordination chemistry - from magnetic materials to cancer treatment, Sofia University;
· Zhelyu Vladimirov: Small business competitiveness and innovation, University of Surrey;
· Atanas Kostadinov: Reconfigurable logic circuits in education and research, Technical University – Sofia, Plovdiv branch
· Maria Evtimova: Semantic agents for personalized searching, Technical University – Sofia;
· Stefka Fidanova: Intelligent Optimization and Decision Making Methods, Bulgarian Academy of Science.
16:15 Maria Skłodowska-Curie 150th birthday celebrations – Maria Evtimova
16:30 Vision for the MCAA Bulgarian Chapter - Atanas Kostadinov – Chair of the Bulgaria Chapter
16:50 Roundtable discussion: decide the future activities of the Bulgarian Chapter - all attendees (moderator: Atanas Kostadinov – Chair of the Bulgaria Chapter)
17:30 Meeting closes
18:00 Social event (in the nearby restaurant)
The event is cost-free and there are a limited number of small stipends of up to 80 EUR for the MCAA members to partially reimburse travel/accommodation costs. All MCAA members are warmly welcome especially those who would like to get involved with the Bulgaria Chapter.