Dear Members, the European Researchers’ Night is celebrating its 10th anniversary on 23 September. What is planned for this special occasion?
Context. The first European Researchers’ Night took place 10 years ago. For that first edition, 15 events were organised in 15 European cities. Today, events take place in 250 places across Europe and in 30 countries! And in 10 years, a generation of scientists has grown up!
Where and when? 23 September from 10.00 to 20.00 at the Autoworld Museum in Brussels, Belgium. Entrance is free!
What is planned? Various stands will present general information on EU Affairs and opportunities, with special focus on education and research.
Several activities will put research in the spotlight:
- Science slam: scientists will have three minutes to showcase their research projects. Rounds start at: 15.00, 17.00 and 19.00;
- Exhibition of the most relevant research achievements;
- European researchers’ night videos;
- Big poster puzzle;
- Night history wall: a wall display showing a selection of the promotional material created for the NIGHT in the past;
- Photo wall: photos from NIGHT events around Europe since 2005;
- Selection of real-life stories of researchers linked to the NIGHT;
- Interactive activities (quiz, for example);
- Public debate on research with Stefaan Vaes, Francqui Prize Winner 2015, and Gerlinde de Deyn, MSCA researcher.
Don’t miss the “edutainment” on offer – come to the NIGHT!
For MCAA Members: You are invited to join the reception “First come, first served”, which will take place at 20.00. Please take into account that travel expenses are not reimbursed by the Commission.
For any inquiries send a message to:
10th Anniversary of the European Researchers’ Night