Dear members, we are pleased to unveil and to present this month’s winning author.
A therapeutic tool in healing
Bhavna Rani, the author of “A therapeutic tool in healing”, wrote about the importance of writing about emotions for cancer patients. The process can also help medical practitioners to understand patients’ needs better.
How are the articles selected?
Exceptionally, the editorial assessment committee assessing the articles submitted was chaired by Nicola Davenport (INTRASOFT International).
The articles are submitted via the online form available on the website.
They first go through an initial selection process (carried by one member of the Communication working group and two representatives from the contractor), who assess the articles according to the following criteria:
All articles should:
- Concern a topic of general and/or practical interest to other MCAA members (e.g. Scientific achievements; Intellectual Property Rights; Pension Rights; Research Ethics; etc.) – be creative!
- Communicate a simple message in a clear manner, and be concise and focused in order to maintain reader interest throughout – be interesting!
- Be written in good-quality English (additional language-versions may be added if you want) – be intelligible!
- Be the original work of the contributing MCAA member (or group of members) and free of any copyright issues – no plagiarism!
- Must not include any aspect that may be offensive (e.g. on grounds of religious, ethnic, or gender discrimination) or which may incite hatred, or which may encourage or condone illegal actions.
- By submitting a text, the member concerned is assuming full individual responsibility for the opinions and content, including any potential legal liability (e.g. copyright issues, plagiarism issues, etc.). Neither the MCAA, nor the European Commission, nor the contractors appointed by the European Commission, can be held responsible or liable for published articles, nor for any consequences arising from the use or misuse of the information they may contain.
- The MCAA reserves the right to refuse, and if necessary delete, any contribution deemed not to comply with the rules and/or contrary to the spirit and purpose of the MCAA.
The articles selected undergo a proofreading process (carried out by two members of the Communication working group) and then a final selection committee (gathering three members of the Communication Working group and one person from the contractor).
The winner will receive a prize of €50 in the form of Amazon vouchers.
We congratulate the winner and encourage all the Alumni to submit an article! Maybe you’ll be the next winner?