Dear MCAA Members,We are pleased to present the fifth issue of the Marie Curie Alumni Newsletter.
In this issue, you’ll find “classical” testimonies and advice from Alumni, as well as useful information for researchers. But this time, Members of the Board and of the Association have contributed to the content, and we really hope that more and more articles will be coming directly from YOU in the future!
- Definition of the day – the SME Instrument: an introduction to this funding method.
- Special coverage on the MCAA’s participation at ESOF 2014: discover what we learned from this very special event and above all, learn about what the Board did for you!
- Great archeological discoveries are not always the result of excavation – The Appian Way project: a temple originally excavated in the 1970s and then forgotten has been rediscovered thanks to one Marie Curie researcher’s work. Read all about it in her own words!
- Call for contribution – e-book on Role Models for Women Scientists in the MCAA: seeking MCAA women to contribute to an e-book!
- My host country was…Norway: tips and advice from Marie Curie Fellows who have worked or are currently working in Norway.
- I benefited from a Marie Curie Action – International Incoming Fellowship in the spotlight: Four Fellows share their experience of this Marie Curie Action.
- Five top tips for starting a research career abroad: tips and advice from an Alumnus.
- 10 minutes with…Ivana Nina Unkovic: meet an Alumna!
- Events that we attended for you – 16th European Congress on Biotechnology: an Alumnus attended the Congress and shared his experience with us.
- 10 YouTube videos to help you understand European Research funding: have a look, watch and learn!
- MSCA Event – 2nd edition of the MSCA Prizes: the next Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) event will take place in Italy on 18 and 19 November!
- All you need to know about the Joint Research Centre (JRC): its mission is to provide the European Commission with independent, evidence-based scientific and technical support to enhance research.
- Keep in touch…what’s coming up in the next newsletter? See what's in the pipeline for the next newsletter!
The MCAA Team