Mark this date in your agenda: the German Chapter is organising a Career Choice seminar on 10 June at the Technische Universität in Darmstadt, Germany.
Why should I attend this event?
If you are currently wondering what you will do after you Ph.D or Postdoc, the following speakers may provide you with tips and ideas:
- Anjana Bückow from the Deutsche Forschungsmeinschaft (DFG) will explain how to write a DFG proposal, focusing in particular on the Emmy Noether Programme which helps researchers achieve independence at an early stage of their scientific career;
- Alexander Damaschun will present the EXIST programme of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy which supports recent graduates as they develop a business idea in cooperation with universities and research institutions;
- Zoran Andjelic, Ordinary Board Member of the MCAA, will explain his experience of moving from academia to industry.
Other topics are also on the agenda:
- Publishing: an editorial perspective,
- Constructive Communication – by Natalia Balcazar,
- Mrs. Liselotte Wurster of Persaldo Steuerberatung will detail how to make a tax declaration and reclaim mobility-relevant tax refunds in the German tax system.
- The MCAA German Chapter’s activities – by Brian Cahill (Chair).
I am not German and I don’t live in Germany, can I participate?
Of course! Be aware that some of the talks will target those residing in Germany, but you might be interested by many of the other presentations.
How do I register?
Registration is open. Just send a short e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
A small participation fee of €20 is necessary to cover catering costs.