LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN SCIENCE?
The Vienna BioCenter is a leading life sciences campus, offering a unique combination of basic research, scientific education, and biotech companies in a single location. If you are passionate about science, the Vienna BioCenter offers a fantastic environment for growth, both professionally and personally.
10 REASONS TO WORK AT THE VIENNA BIOCENTER
- The Vienna BioCenter institutions are global leaders in their fields: the research institutes GMI, IMP, IMBA and Max Perutz Labs excel in molecular biology and the 24 biotech companies on campus are experts in vaccines and immunology.
- Some of the best scientists in the world perform their research at the Vienna BioCenter: excellent scientific track record of key discoveries and two Breakthrough Prizes among our alumni.
- Competitive funding: national and international funding sources include FWF, FFG, WWTF, aws, Vienna Business Agency, EMBO, HFSP, and the European Research Council. Vienna BioCenter scientists have earned 49 ERC Grants in total, which amount to €85 million.
- State-of-the-art scientific facilities: the Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities and additional scientific services in the research institutes provide technology, infrastructure, and support beyond expectations.
- Publication record: 350 publications in peer-reviewed journals per year.
- Intensive scientific exchange: 200 renowned speakers per year and a community of 1,300 scientists create fantastic collaboration and networking opportunities.
- International atmosphere: 70 nationalities from six different continents. English is our working language. (So, don’t worry if you don’t speak German!).
- Collaborative culture: dedicated and enthusiastic researchers provide for a flexible and collaborative work environment. Open-door culture, curiosity, flexibility, flat hierarchies, and academic freedom are our core values.
- Kindergarten: if you have children between 3 months and 6 years of age, they can attend the child care center on campus for a very competitive fee.
- Location: The Vienna BioCenter is centrally located in the world’s number one most livable city. Excellent connections by public transport (bus, tram, suburban train) to the city center (10 min) and to the airport (20 min).
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT THE VIENNA BIOCENTER
For young candidates who would like to pursue an academic path, the Summer School program and the VBC PhD Programme offer fantastic chances to launch their careers.
Experienced researches will find many exciting opportunities as postdoctoral fellows or as independent Group Leaders. There are currently 96 research groups at the Vienna BioCenter.
In addition, there are always interesting jobs for laboratory technicians and research assistants.
Last but not least, for scientists interested in the biotech industry, Vienna BioCenter offers many professional opportunities across the 24 biotech companies currently situated on campus.
MORE INFORMATION: www.viennabiocenter.org/career