Since the election of the MCAA Board during the General Assembly in November 2013, the MCAA has emerged step by step. As you are probably wondering what has been happening within your association in recent months, here is a quick overview of the latest developments.
More information about the Board
The website page presenting the Board members has been reworked so as to provide more information about them. Check out the short biographies of each Board member here! If you want to contact any of them, you can do so via this page.
You have probably seen the MCAA Chapter Application Form that was published on the website on March, calling on Alumni to create chapters so as to:
- encourage local networking and establish mutually-beneficial relationships between MCAA and its Alumni within defined countries/territories;
- initiate activities that add value to the Alumni network and provide input to the general body;
- recruit, attract, support and facilitate connections between MC fellows and Alumni;
- sponsor and support activities that will enhance the image of MCAA.
We are pleased to announce that the chapters nominated will soon be available presented on the website. Just for you, here is a sneak preview of the list:
- Austrian Chapter;
- BeNeLux Chapter;
- Croatian Chapter;
- Israeli Chapter;
- Balears Chapter;
- Paris & Île-de-France Chapter;
- Sicily Chapter;
- United Kingdom Chapter.
More information on the chapters and their objectives is available here.
MCAA Working Groups
Information on the MCAA Working Groups is also coming soon. The Working Groups’ objective is to support the overall aims of the association by proposing and executing activities in a given field:
- Events and Networking;
- Grants and Awards;
- Information and Data Access;
- Policy on Successful Researchers.
Bring your website to life! Use the Blog section!
Share your ideas, news, events, career accomplishments and other information with the wider community of MCAA members. Feel free to give feedback in the comments section. Here are the advantages of using the Blog section:
- Social and academic networking;
- Maximise the impact of your research project;
- Career development;
- Share your experience/information with peers;
- A means to maintain the momentum of your research and to find new audiences.
Coming up: important events for the MCAA
Don’t forget that the MSCA satellite event will take place from 19 to 20 June at the Copenhagen Business School, in Copenhagen, Denmark. The theme of the event is ‘Transferrable skills: MSCA added-value for your CV’. Both days will focus on non-research skills such as management, working with colleagues in a team, interview skills and transitioning from academia to industry. Snezana Krstic, Chair of the Marie Curie Alumni Association, will speak during the MSCA plenary session.
The 2014 Euroscience Open Forum (ESOF) will take place from 21 to 26 June in the Carlsberg City District, Copenhagen, Denmark. ESOF 2014 will incorporate a number of activities (science programme, media programme, exhibition, etc.) dealing with 8 scientific themes as follows:
- The healthy society;
- A revolution of the mind;
- Global resource management;
- Learning in the 21st century;
- Green economy;
- Material and virtual world;
- Urbanisation, Design and Liveability;
- Science, democracy and citizenship.
You can let other Alumni know that you are attending by clicking on the blue button here. What's more, we are pleased to inform you that the MCAA will have a stand. All members are invited to pass by and say hello!
The next General Assembly of the MCAA will take place on 22 November 2014. The place is yet to be defined, we will keep you informed!