The opening conference Opening conference of the COBALT FP7 project will take place from 28 to 29 November in Brussels, Belgium.
The theme of the conference is "Industry and Society’s needs for sustainable management of raw materials in Europe: Exploring solutions for future action". This event aims at exploring and discussing opportunities and strengths related to sustainable raw materials supply and use in Europe.
The conference will comprise:
· Insights into different stakeholder perspectives;
· Expert views on the challenges of global trends in raw materials use;
· An update on the work of the European Innovation Partnership;
· Expert presentations on the potential responses and opportunities to changing global markets and resource scarcity, on industry best practices, research potentials and ways to meet societal needs;
· Interactive Working Groups.
Discussions will be led by representatives from the European Commission, from Friends of the Earth Europe (FoEE), from the European Parliament and from the European associative sector.