ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials, and novel crystal growth-based technologies located in Warsaw, Poland, created jointly by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain. The centre will work on the development of novel material technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties, with potential applications in fields such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunication, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.
Applications are invited for scientists to lead the following groups: (i) Optical Nanocharacterization, (ii) Light-Matter Interaction Theory, (iii) Photonic Elements, (iv) Biophotonic Applications, (v) Solar Energy Conversion, (vi) Oxide Single Crystals, (vii) III-V compound Semiconductors, and (viii) Disruptive Technologies.
|Job type:||Full-time employment.|
|Remuneration/amount/Year:||Annual gross salary max. 268 000 PLN (~ 62 500 EUR) to min. 143 000 PLN
(~33 000 EUR) depending on experience and expertise.
|Number of jobs offers:||8|
|Position start:||Available from Nov. 2, 2020. Start date no later than Jan. 1, 2021(Negotiable).|
|Period of contract agreement:||3 year initial appointment. Extension to longer period on mutual agreement.*|
Key responsibilities include:
- I. Establishing and supervising a research group in one of the group areas;
- II. Organizing and carrying out research efforts that will place the centre at the forefront of scientific developments worldwide;
- III. Collaborating with other groups in the centre;
- IV. Disseminating results to the the public and scientific communities;
- V. Applying for funding;
- VI. Seeking industrial collaborations.
- I. Full-time employment;
- II. Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
- III. International cooperation with experienced researchers;
- IV. Start-up package and funds allocated to running your group and recruiting other group members such as postdocs, PhD, and MSc students;
- V. Administrative support for recruiting, visa and related documentation;
- VI. Access to well-staffed core facilities.
Required application documents:
Curriculum vitae; Proof of PhD; Research record with a full list of publications; Cover letter specifying how you meet the search criteria and can contribute to the operation of the Centre; Names and contact details of three senior researchers who may act as referees. A short description of a research plan that fits the research agenda of the Centre.
For more details please visit: http://ensemble3.eu/careers