The Charlemagne Prize Academy Fellowship aims to promote ideas and topics of young talents in Europe, creating a platform for common exchange with European decision-makers and to provide information about the existing data with the intention to connect new findings with the concerns of our time. The Academy is aligned with the goals and activities of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen
, which has been awarded to individuals and institutions that have made a valuable contribution to Europe since 1950 and is the oldest and most renowned prize awarded for work done in the service of European unification.
This year, the supported research projects should focus on: 'Europe's Future at the Crossroads – New Perspectives of Solidarity?'
, comprising various research fields, questions, and perspectives.
- Postgraduate Degree
- younger than 35 years of age
- individuals or research groups with the aim to work on a topic related to the Future of Europe
- professional English language skills (min. C1)
- citizen(s) of an EU member state or permanent residence in Europe
- current and prospective relevance of the proposed research question
- submission of an innovative Research Proposal, compatible with the Academy's annual focus area
Deadline: Sunday, 2nd August 2020
. Applicants will be informed about the selection outcome in September 2020. The research year will kick-off in November and end with a joint publication in autumn 2021. The Academy is supported by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Robert-Bosch Foundation and the King Baudouin Foundation. All relevant information on the Fellowship can at this website.