This event in Dublin on October 02, 2019 is intended brings together current Marie Skłowdowska Curie Fellows in Ireland, looking at the next steps in their career progression. Please register online using Eventbrite - https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/msca-fellows-career-progression-registration...
Venue: Ashling Hotel, Park Gate street, Dublin 8
Date: Wednesday, 2nd October 2019
- 11h00 Welcome (Garrett Murray, National Director H2020)
- 11h05 Introduction to the Irish MSCA Office (Geraldine Canny, IUA, NCP MSCA)
- 11h15 Commercialising Research (Kevin Burke, Senior Commercialisation Specialist, Enterprise Ireland)
- 12h00 The Researcher Perspective (Dr. Dara Meldrum)
Dr. Dara Meldrum is a Research Fellow at the Academic Unit of Neurology, School of Medicine, TCD and is also a part-time practicing physiotherapist at the Balance Centre in Dublin. Her research focuses on Neurological Rehabilitation with a focus on Vestibular Rehabilitation - e.g. when people get vertigo and imbalance. She completed a pre-commercialisation programme via NDRC and has in the past obtained an EI feasibility grant for “Verti-Genius: A mobile health and wearable-sensor based exercise application for the rehabilitation of dizziness, vertigo and balance problems”. In late 2018, she successfully obtained EI Commercialisation funding for Verti-Genius, which she is currently working on.
- 13h15 Irish Alumni Branch (Amir Tabakovic, Dublin Institute of Technology)
- 13h45 Communicating Research (Elizabeth Carvill, Communications Manager, Knowledge Transfer Ireland (KTI), Enterprise Ireland)
- 14h15 ERC Opportunities (Deirdre Quinn, Irish Research Council, ERC NCP)
Registration is on a first come first served basis as places are limited. It is open to current Marie Curie Fellows.