Webinar Researchers at Risk: The Journey, Challenges & Opportunities. March, 25th, 2021 at 5 pm - 6.30 pm CET
Researchers at Risk Webinar: The Journey, Challenges & Opportunities
Research requires the freedom of questioning the status-quo and striving for change. Many regions of the world are plagued by political crisis or suffer from restricted personal freedoms, freedom of speech and academic freedom. Researchers are persecuted and censored because of their beliefs and convictions. Which pushes many to seek refuge in other, more stable, countries, where it is possible to pursue the research career they aspire for.
Researchers at risk have the potential to bring valuable skills and knowledge to the host country and the host institutions. However, many barriers stand in their path. We will present some of the challenges and opportunities of hosting researchers at risk in Europe
Online Webinar (access link will be sent after registration)
Date and Time
March, 25th, 2021 at 5 pm - 6.30 pm CET
- Ms. Orla Duke: Programme Manager for Scholars at Risk (SAR) Europe, Ireland.
- Anonymous testimony from a scholar at risk.
- Mr. Frank Albrecht: Programme Director of the Philipp Schwartz Initiative, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany.
- Dr. Olga Hünler: Visiting Researcher at the Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Dr. Ahmad AL Ajlan: Post-doctoral researcher at the Institute for Interdisciplinary Conflict and Violence Research Bielefeld University, Germany.
Dr. Brian Cahill
Online / Webinar
05 Aug 2021