Dear MCAA Members,
We are pleased to present to you the second issue of the Marie Curie Alumni Newsletter. As you may know, as of 23 November, the MCAA has its own Board, which was elected at the first MCAA General Assembly that took place in Brussels (Belgium). If you weren’t present at this event and if you want to know what happened, check out the “Special Coverage – MCAA First General Assembly” in this newsletter. What’s more, you’ll meet other Alumni, hear their stories and learn how the Marie Curie Actions will evolve under Horizon 2020. Happy reading!
Special coverage – MCAA First General Assembly:
- Ten things you should know about the first General Assembly of the Marie Curie Alumni Association. Read our digest highlighting the key moments from this special event.
- MCAA Board – Who was elected? See a short presentation of the newly elected Members of the MCAA Board.
- You are probably wondering what the new elected Board for the Association will do. With this in mind, we have spoken to them to find out more about their visions and intentions for the Association:
- Snezana Krstic – Chair
- Francesco Grassi – Vice Chair
- Axelle Viré – Vice Chair
- Roy Someshwar – Treasurer
- Wuraola Akande – Ordinary Board Member
- Zoran Andjelic – Ordinary Board Member
- Kiran Kumar Chereddy – Ordinary Board Member
- Annett Kiss – Ordinary Board Member
- Mauricio Manfrini – Ordinary Board Member
- Francesco Sanna – Ordinary Board Member
- What’s next after the first MCAA General Assembly? An interview with Odissefs Panopoulos, DG EAC, European Commission unveils the European Commission’s vision for the Association.
MCAA Newsletter general articles
- Definition of the day: European Research Infrastructures (RIs). Find an easy-to-understand overview of European Research Infrastructures (RIs).
- Ten websites you need to know for employment in research in Europe. Browse 10 websites that can help you if you are looking for new professional challenges in Europe.
- During my Marie Curie project, my host country was… Germany. See tips and advice from Marie Curie Fellows who have worked or are currently working in Germany.
- I benefited from a Marie Curie Action: Intra-European Fellowships for Career development (IEF) in the spotlight. Two Fellows share their experiences of this Marie Curie Action.
- Five top tips to boost your career after a Marie Curie Action. Learn from experienced Alumni who have boosted their career after a Marie Curie Action.
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions under Horizon 2020. Find out what will change for Marie Curie Actions under the Horizon 2020 Programme.
- Take part in the MCAA Community – Stand up for quality scientific publications! Find out which tools could be used to promote quality scientific publications.
- Ten minutes with…Nicolas Chamel! Don’t miss our classical face-to-face appointment with an alumnus!
- Keep in touch…what’s coming up in the next newsletter? See what's in the pipeline for the next newsletter!
The MCAA team takes also the opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year, and a lot of success for 2014!
The MCAA team