Dear MCAA Ireland Chapter members,
My name is Barry Hayes, and I have recently been elected as the new chair of the MCAA Ireland Chapter. Dr. Susan Kathleen Fetics will take over the role of vice-chair from Dr. Amir Tabakovic. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sushil, Amir, and all of the members of the Ireland Chapter working committee for their excellent contributions to the Ireland Chapter to date.
Some brief updates and requests for all MCAA Ireland members:
- Since local MCAA social events are impossible right now, we are considering organising a virtual social event on Zoom/Teams for MCAA Ireland members. Please let us know if this is of interest, and if you have any suggestions for this - we will post more details on this on the Ireland Chapter forum (https://www.mariecuriealumni.eu/groups/ireland-chapter).
- Please encourage your MSCA colleagues to join the MCAA Ireland Chapter and become active: join a MCAA working group, help organise MCAA events (either virtual or future in-person events).
- Follow MCAA Ireland on Twitter (https://twitter.com/mcaa_ireland) and use the Twitter handle @MCAA_Ireland to promote your research successes, and any other news you think is relevant to MSCA fellows in Ireland.
- Please consider joining the MCAA Academy, a new programme to support its members with their career development (see https://www.mariecuriealumni.eu/mcaa-academy).
- In previous years, the MSCA Ireland Office and Enterprise Ireland have co-organised an event for Irish-based Marie Skłowdowska Curie Fellows, focusing on career progression. This event did not take place in 2020 for obvious reasons, but we are hopeful this will take place again sometime in 2021. We would welcome your suggestions for topics/speakers for this event (by email to email@example.com).
Stay safe and best wishes to all for 2021,