2nd MCAA Swiss Chapter Meeting — Webinar on ‘Mental Health Policy in Science’
The final agenda can be found here!
DRAFT AGENDA - 2nd MCAA Swiss Chapter Meeting & Webinar on Mental Health
- Part I: MCAA Swiss Chapter Meeting (1h)
- Status and Future Plans (Theodota Lagouri, Chair Swiss Chapter) (30 mins)
- Discussion-Part I (Q&A) (30 mins)
- Part II: Webinar on Mental Health and Policy in Science (2hrs)
- Introduction of webinar and speaker (Theodota Lagouri) (30 mins)
- Setting yourself up for success: understanding how to care for your mental health (Stéphanie Gauttier, Chair Policy WG) (1 h)
- Discussion-Part II (Q&A) (30 mins)
Stéphanie Gauttier is Assistant Professor of Information Systems at Grenoble École de Management. She has joined MCAA in 2017 after an ITN in Ireland, experienced the IF program in the Netherlands and became the head of the MCAA policy working group in 2020. She is the vice chair of the Cost Action on Researchers mental health. Stéphanie has supervised over 30 master’s students, and currently supervises 4 DBA and PhD students.
Abstract: Researchers are more at risk of a mental health issue than the average population, and PhD students especially. Reasons for this are in part systemic, and in part because of some local, interpersonal or personal contexts. In this talk, we will discuss different areas one can act upon to manage one’s mental health and acknowledge what could be better in academia. We will look at some evidence on the matter. More importantly, we will engage in sharing our questions, tips, experience, resources, so that we can succeed in research while staying sane and encourage others to do the same.