Dear Ireland Chapter members,
My name is Sushil Mishra, and I am the new Chair of the MCAA Ireland Chapter. Dr. Amir Tabakovic continues to be vice-chair of the Chapter. Chapters Working Committee will not change and includes members: Dr. Shannon Chance, Dr. Chiara Loda, Mr. Ewan Geffroy and Ms. Ilaina Khairulzaman.
First, I would like to take opportunity to thank Dr. Declan Devine for founding the MCAA Irish Chapter and running it smoothly for the last few years. We will be still asking him for guidance in the future.
We have a few requests/updates for the members:
- Can you please encourage your MSCA colleagues to join MCAA Ireland Chapter and become active: take part in the Irish Chapter committee, join a MCAA working group organise local MCAA events.
- MCAA Chapter members can claim expenses for organising local events and traveling to attend MCAA events. For running local events and travel to events outside Ireland your expenses must be pre-approved. Please write to contact our Chapter (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any help.
- A MCAA Irish Chapter networking event will be organised later this year, please send us your ideas for the topic of the event, e.g. careers, open data, gender balance etc.
- If you have any ideas or plans to organise an event (local or national) in the future, please do not hesitate to share it with us via email: email@example.com or by putting it on forum for discussion.
- We might be having a social event in this financial year (something similar to the one in Dublin by Susan in May) if there are enough number of people interested in. Please comment to this post or a poll if you are interested in attending/organizing such social events in your town.
Notice: The British Council is organizing a "Scientifically Speaking" event from the 27th August until the 6th September in Limerick, Galway, Cork, Belfast, and Dublin. check the following link to book a suitable place: https://www.britishcouncil.ie/events/scientifically-speaking-2019
We are looking forward to your comments/suggestions.
Sushil (on behalf of MCAA Ireland Chapter Team)