Rate this
Mayank Patni's picture
Dear All, I am a non-EU national, working as a Marie Curie Reseach Fellow (ESR) at University of Bristol, UK. I need some help on the scientific visa application, as I will be going to Italy and Germany for secondments and in other countries for conferences. I checked the link given below and have some queries related to the procedure. http://ec.europa.eu/euraxess/index.cfm/services/scientificVisa It will be a great help to hear from someone who has any experience with the scientific visa application. Thank you ! Regards Mayank



more advice

Hi Mayank,

I don't know how urgent your visa application is, bit I can suggest to attend our UK Chapter meeting on October the 14th in Bristol. There you will be able to talk face-to-face with our members some of whom surely went through the same ordeal and will be able to give you some advice on the matter of international placements.

Kindest regards,



For scientific visa application, you should contact Italian Embassy/Germany Embassy in UK, usually in London. They will give you more practicial information. Scientific visa has been adapted to one of national visas, for example, when I apply for Belgium visa, there is a visa type called Belgian scientific visa, and there a application documents list. it should be mentioned that, scientific visa is usually applied to long stay(>3 months), so if your stay is less than 3 months, my suggestion is to apply for Tourist/Business visa for short stay, it's more convenient.


Scientific Visa

Hi Mayank,

I have no direct experience with this issue. I know that the Irish Euraxess and NCP were very engaged in the development of the Scientific Visa program. Unfortunately the UK does not take part. I would urge you to talk to Euraxess UK and try to get their expert view on this matter.

Warm regards,