"ChromDesign” is a European innovative and interdisciplinary Research and Training network, which aims to characterize the impact of the 3D chromatin organization on gene regulation during cellular differentiation and in several human disorders, and to train junior researchers in the biomedical field, either in academia or in the private sector. The "ChromDesign" training programme will foster mobility across countries, disciplines and sectors. Through secondments and network-events, we will ensure that all ESRs have opportunities for exposure to different disciplines and environments: academia, industry, design and communication, hospitals, publishing, and non-for-profit funding entities. Most network training will be based around five summer and winter schools that combine hands-on research workshops, academic lectures as well as transferable skills, and innovation and entrepreneurship training sessions.
Description subproject ESR5:
To create a communication toolkit that serves as an interface in the transmission of the scientific knowledge generated by the project towards the scientific community itself, the educational community and the dissemination of health issues that affect the general interest of society.
Study the tools for collecting, interpreting and visualizing data. Semiotic analysis to measure the effectiveness of visualization of data. Co-creation sessions with the research teams to fuse scientific connection and visual expressiveness. Process of transformation of the scientific language into the visual and intuitive language.
Theoretical framework that supports the systematization of visual language, graphic hierarchies, three-dimensional construction and virtual interaction.
CNAG-CRG, Spain (1 month): Knowledge acquisition on data obtained from genome analysis and Hi-C analysis
INSTITUT CURIE, France (1 month): Knowledge acquisition on cell biology data production
HMGU, Germany (2 weeks): Knowledge acquisition on data obtained from image analysis
UCPH, Denmark (1 month): Knowledge acquisition on data obtained from drug testing
BYFACILITY, Spain (1 month): learning how to create conversational interfaces
Enrolment in doctoral program:
PhD in Communication from Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
• Applicants may be a national of a Member State, of an Associated Country or of any other third country.
• The candidate should hold an academic degree that enables her/him to undertake doctoral studies. Preference is given to applicants with MSc or equivalent degree.
• At the time of recruitment* by the host organisation, candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience**) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
• At the time of recruitment* by the host organisation, candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date.
More information about the project at http://www.chromdesign.eu
An application is solely possible via the online application form: https://recruitment.crg.eu/content/jobs/position/chromdesign/apply
• Depending on the hosting institute, individual projects start between November 2018 and August 2019.
• The positions are fully funded for 36 months by the European Comission under the H2020 Marie Curie Innovative Training Network Programme.
• Marie Curie ITNs provide a highly competitive salary to the ESR, including a competitive monthly living and mobility allowance and (if eligible) a monthly family allowance.
Innovation Product: Creative Decoding Tool: http://decoding.elisava.net/es/projects/creative-decoding-tool/
1.LdShake support for team-based learning design. Hernández-Leo, Davinia, Moreno, Pau, Chacón-Pérez, Jonathan, Blat, Josep. Computers in Human Behavior, 37, 402-412. 2014;
2. User-centered design: supporting learning designs’ versioning in a community platform. Book chapter. p. 153-170. 2015.