What is it? The 2019 RSA Annual Conference will take place from 5 June to 7 June in Santiago de Compostela (Spain). It will be an opportunity to discuss how to push regions beyond all kinds of borders, regional studies, policy and neighbouring communities.
What are the topics?
- Regional Development & its Policies;
- Global Economies, Trade, Commerce;
- Financial Geographies, Flows & Globalisation;
- Regional economies & (re)location of activities;
- Innovation, Knowledge & Regional Development;
- Technologies, Social Networks & Regional Development;
- Entrepreneurship, Businesses, Start-ups & Spin-offs;
- Economies of Agglomeration, Clusters & Externalities;
- Regions & Identity Economics;
- Tourism & Regional Development;
- Developing Rural, Peripheral, Remote & Marginal Regions;
- Global South, BRICs & Developing Area Studies;
- Institutions, Governance, Governments & Policies;
- Spatial Planning, Infrastructures & Practices;
- Geopolitics Nationalism, Federalism & Regionalism;
- Borders, Cooperation & Cross Border Regions;
- Demographics, Mobility, Migration & Labour Markets;
- Wellbeing, Habitability, Vulnerability & Resilience;
- Sustainability, Climate Change, Environment & Energy;
- Regional Methodology & Data;
- Regional Theorisation & History – Between Time & Space.
What is the deadline? 14 March.