The European Network of Postdoctoral Associations (ENPA) is conducting a survey to evaluate working conditions, training opportunities and career perspectives of postdoctoral researchers across Europe. Take the survey! It shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes.
About the European Network of Postdoctoral Associations (ENPA)
The European Network of Postdoctoral Associations (ENPA) was recently formed to bring together postdoctoral associations and individual postdoctoral scientists currently working in Europe.
ENPA aims to:
1) Represent postdoctoral scientists working in Europe, regardless of their nationality;
2) Advocate for the improvement of current working and training conditions;
3) Advocate for better opportunities for career development and progression;
4) Describe, discuss and compare the organization, objectives, and activities of existing post-doctoral associations/movements;
5) Describe, discuss and compare the integration and career perspectives of postdoctoral researchers and their opinions on science policies at the local and national level. This analysis is based on information we collect through surveys completed by the postdoctoral community;
6) Draft a proposal of the best practices regarding the management of postdoctoral researchers to bring to the attention of decision makers.
In order to achieve these goals and take action, we first need to assess what the current situation is across the different European institutions and countries. The European Postdoc Survey was developed as a way to gather sufficient data to evaluate working conditions, training opportunities and career perspectives.
The results of this survey will allow ENPA to gather invaluable information to identify and prioritise critical aspects that require change and to determine the best working and training conditions for postdoctoral scientists.
We strongly believe that our joint action can significantly improve the career perspectives of postdocs in Europe.
We encourage you to take this survey. Your opinion counts!
Please feel free to distribute this survey amongst your postdoctoral colleagues.
Thank you in advance!
European Network of Postdoctoral Associations
Find below the information about the postdoctoral associations in the network. Feel free to contact us. If your association is not listed and wants to join and take action with us, let us know!
Karolinska Institutet Postdoc Association (KIPA), Sweden (http://kipostdocassociation.org/)
The Postdocs of Cambridge (PdOC) Society, UK (http://www.pdoc.cam.ac.uk/)
PostDocs@UC, Portugal, (https://www.uc.pt/en/iii/postdoc)
Institute of Science and Technology (IST), Austria - Postdoc Association (PDA), (https://ist.ac.at/research/postdoc-association/)
MPItermic, Postdoctoral Community, Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Germany (https://www.mpi-marburg.mpg.de/postdoctoral-community)
Postdoc Initiative at the MPIPZ (PIM), Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Germany (http://www.mpipz.mpg.de/PIM)