The Western Balkans Chapter has been created as a forum for interaction between MCAA members originating from, and/or currently based in, territories in the Western Balkans region [Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo (under UN Security Council Resolution 1244), North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia] where there is no existing MCAA Chapter.
The Western Balkans Chapter aims to connect and represent MSCA fellows and MCAA alumni from the Western Balkan region, with many of them residing abroad and being part of the so-called “scientific diaspora”. We are advocating for best practice in science and research in the region and the adoption of policies and approaches that should help science in the Balkans reach wider European and global standards.
All MCAA members with the nationality of one of the Western Balkans countries, or any MCAA member residing in this geographical area, are welcome to become a member of the Western Balkans Chapter.
Membership of the Chapter is free – but we hope you will contribute your energy and enthusiasm to support our activities
To join the Chapter, you need to be logged in as an MCAA member - you will then be able to click on the 'Join group' at the top of the column on the right - one of the Chapter management team will then admit you as a Chapter member.
For any inquiry about the Western Balkan Chapter, please contact email@example.com.
You can follow us on Twitter @MCAA_WB
Meet our board
National representative for Serbia
National representative for Montenegro
National representative for Bosnia and Herzegovina
National representative for Albania
- August 2020 - Marie Curie fellowships - step towards scientific success, interview with Dr Sonja Avlijaš, MSCA Fellow (Video) (EU-info.rs)
- August 2020 - Meet our ESR Samira Smajlović! (IMforFUTURE ITN)
- August 2020 - Amit is working on innovative wastewater management technologies (Video) (REA Twitter)
- May 2020 - Proud to present our #MSCA #ITN fellow of the week, Marina Pekmezovic! (MSCA Facebook)
- April 2020 - A ray of hope as research slows down (MCAA Newsletter)
- April 2020 - In Focus: A spotlight on MCAA’s Western Balkans Chapter - Increasing research capacity in the Western Balkans (WBC-RTI.info)
- March 2020 - Inside the head of an Early Stage Researcher — Part 1 (MCAA Blog)
- October 2019 - Presentation of MSCA and MCAA at WBAA students workshop in Banja Luka - BiH (MCAA Posts)
- September 2019 - Our members at the European Researchers Night in Sarajevo (IMforFUTURE ITN)
- September 2019 - The Western Balkans Chapter is up and running (MCAA Newsletter)
- September 2019 - MSCA Fellows ("Researcher" science magazine programme, Montenegrin TV)
- June 2019 - Marie Curie fellowship for recycled material concrete (Regional N1 TV, morning show)
- May 2019 - Serbian scientist wins Marie Curie fellowship for an environmentally-friendly concrete (Nova Ekonomija, Serbian business news site)
- February 2019 - Meet our #MSCA COFUND fellow of the week, Kata Trifkovic! (MSCA Facebook)