Green Innovation Competition 2014
What is it? The aim is to find and to acknowledge new high-technology business ideas and business models with the potential to drive green economic growth. Awards are available for three categories: energy efficiency, cleantech, and green, smart cities.
What is the deadline? Applications must be sent by 30 April.
What are the awards? The laureate will receive:
- a business trip to USA;
- financing of €20 000 from investment company LURECO Ltd;
- office space in the Technopolis Lappeenranta business park, Finland – home to growth-seeking dynamic hi-tech start-ups. Office space will be available for the first year of operation once the winner has established the business in Finland’s South Karelia region.
What are the judges looking for? The winners will be selected according to the following criteria:
- What is the customer and market need to which your innovation will provide a solution?
- Is your solution scalable? How big is your market?
- How will the client benefit from your approach?
- Why are your benefits significantly better than those of the competition?
- What would be an appropriate business model?
The award ceremony will take place during the 4th EU-Russian Innovation Forum from the 4 to 6 June in Lappeenranta, Finland.