Message from the MCAA Board - Support for the Ukrainian citizens
The MCAA wants to express its sorrow and support for the Ukrainian citizens. We condemn war and violence. Our association has been, and will continue to be, a multicultural symbol of union, inclusion and peace, to support the advancement of society through education and research.
So far, MCAA is taking the following steps to support the members, researchers and citizen of Ukraine:
- MCAA launched a fundraising campaign to collect funds that will be entirely developed to help the Ukrainian people. For every dontation received, MCAA will add 10% more from MCAA own funds.
- MCAA has publicly and promptly announced support for Ukrainian citizens through public channels (Twitter message, LinkedIn message) on 24th February and is continuously retweeting related supportive messages.
- Joint Statement signed by MCAA-Eurodoc, 25th February
Providing a platform for members to freely express their support
- Message from Sasha published in MCAA Blog
- Message from Pavlo published in MCAA Blog
- We welcome news and blog posts from members (propose here)
Providing a platform for peer-to-peer support and share of verified sources of information
- MCAA Ukrainian members support group: (an invitation to join has been sent to all members that are either from the following nationalities or based in the following countries: Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Poland, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary)
Collaborations with partners and links to disseminate
- EURODOC, compiling a list of universities/research institutions able to provide accommodation as well any form of help, support to Polish and Ukrainian associations member of EURODOC (let us know here if you have information to add)
- list of labs supporting Ukrainian scientists
- https://twitter.com/Sci_for_Ukraine, creating a platform showing available support http://scienceforukraine.eu/
We welcome anyone with a meaningful initiative in mind to please get in touch!